Friday, April 07, 2006

Chillin to:Represent, Cuba by Orishas Feat. Heather Headley Te quiero Havana, The rhythym' pumping in my heart, In La Rosa we dance to the tempo of the love, boy, Your hip's making a shift, and you fall deep into its spell, let your body talk, till voice in you says, say baby Tjena : ).I just got back from Ngee Ann Sports Camp organised byt the Students Sports Council(SSC) yesterday. It was hell lot of fun really. I didnt think i would have enjoyed it that much, really.Very properly put together and very good planning for the activities and all. I learnt alot.Well here goes the breakdown of the different days :). the theme of the camp was water, so all the six teams had names which meant water in different languages: Kaia Rio Choba Estel Vapour Onda monday- Intro to KAIA-ns intro to Ngee Ann track&field tuesday-*intro to the adventure seekers( TAS) *intro to OUTWARD BOUND SEEKERS(OBS) *A small game organised by SEXTOY( Clement) wednesday-intro to water sports *played the fold the mat game but didnt really fold it was just conditions we had to fufill for eg. ONLY TEN LEGS AND 17 hands are to be on the piece of mat but all of us have in it. * captain ball in the water against RIO ; we won * canoe polo *dragon boat ( db) * own time for campfire item preparation * CAMPFIRE plus abit of dancing. * OPEN DANCEFLOOR AT THE SPORTS GALLERY HALL. thursday-*different obstacles we had to go through in dirty environments *field games * campbreaking * we hyper-ing up towards the end and running one whole round around the track shouting and just having fun Monday 03/04/06- the first As I took my stuff and left my house and cab-ed my way down I had this funny sensation in my tummy. NERVOUS? I think I was just being anxiously excited. Always feels good to know people who are interested in exactly the same stuff you do. A very warm feeling, it lifts you up when you know there are people like you. I gave in my indeminity form to this girl in blue. (her name's Bernice and she's part of the SC(commitee). She checked it and let me knew that I was from KAIA(sound like kaya?) and she wrote my name and group down on a piece of masking tape and let me in. She said I had a nice name.LAVANYA-nice? So then I went into the hall to find people in yellow and I found them at the corner.I was one of the first people in the group whom came on time. Nontheless, my GLs were very nice. Chinny our CGL who is just so crazy with all his remarks.Then it was Luke who also said he iiked my name ; a very nice guy who made us feel welcome and comfortable. Ren qi QUACK, a quiet silent killer who speaks less but when she does her words carry alot of meaning. Chris, the specs cute guy who is also always asking to hydrate ourselves with water and alwats gets RAPED by the RAPE SQUAD and of course Razy the macho db-er who is such a sociable character and YES who just loves to flirt. HAHAH we know. Another favourite victim of the RAPE SQUAD =P So after intros and all we had games ans we went to our first station where we got to know shu hui's and my SEXTOY ; Clement. We liked his craziness and enthuness right from the starting ; a very close affliation.So we had a intro to track and field and we all tried out high jump, running and long jump and then we were suppose to do volleyball but cos it was raining we had to go to a lecture theatre instead and ALL THE WAY THERE we sang, " OLE OLE OLE OLE" and just ran all the way- that enthu. Kaians: Shu hui- my first friend Amirul- MI haha he saw me and he knew he'd seen me somewhere Fifi- MI i was so happy to seee him.Crappy we are. Song lei- lame but nice,haha SULASTERI's classmate Jie ping- From MI familiar face Joleen - From Mi another familiar face Joyce- from stc Wen lin- wen yan's sis; i swear i didnt know but they looked so alike Charles- a barkerian; all rounder sports enthusiast Joel- crappy henderson guy, a friend of gabriel( phecda 2) Josh- a very very quiet guy Ben-BEARY LIKE BOY and i miss him too Jeffery- another sports enthusiast. Izzat- a very quiet boy but gives his all for our group Wei qi- alot of leadership potential, helped us alot Samuel- another member of the BRAHOOD. Very on Andre- My coursemate and very enthu as well Mark- the SJI guy.also in MCM Gail-Ij toa payoh, very nice and cute haha she loves me doesnt she? Qi fa- a quiet guy who looks like ben and at first we got confused! so ended the first day.. oh with a quick meet up with debbie, trud and racheal. :) Tuesday 04/04/06- the adventurous After being so hyper for the first day it was time for us to get low. I mean all of us just toned down when the rest of the groups started hypering up. "We'll be hyped for campfire night for sure!", we reassured our GLs. So we went for our intro with the OBS team of NP had fun climbing what they assembled and then off to the intro by the TAS. Similar to the OBS but yet a bit different and then we played the game by SEXTOY- the jedai game. FUN FUN and I began to notice you more and more ; i know you did too. Wednesday 05/06/06- the wet 'n' wild We had a lot of water activities on that day.First up was that mat day and I think our KAIA team spirit always comes about when we're given challenges. WE NEVER SAY NO. Then we had that short captain ball in the pool game. We won against Rio and it was nice to work as a team. Next up was polo canoe. It was fun but i almost drowned when i had to capsize my kayak to come out. COULDNT COME OUT , TOO FAT. Then it was dragon boat. I saw you the day before ; never expected to see you again. Yeah the same feeling came back to me and it was kind of I don't know intimidating plus sad and all but I couldn't be much bothered cos' it was her problem anyway. yeah her, Reldi. This girl who was helping out our side, the "right side" yeah she was just beside like trying to coach me up, what do i look like a db-er? HAHA she so wanted me to come in and write in my name and i almost did but no cos' for one the dragin boat wasn't my type and two I won't be able to be anyplace near her. But it is a challenge and i'm considering just a tad bit cos' of that girl who helped me and who had lots of confidence in me about doing well there, Oh and i forgot to say three, THE TRAINING'S DAMN TOUGH. After all this it was wash-up time and then a bit of time for oour practice for our campfire item and then ot was TIME TO ROLL. I talked more to Songlei and found out he was a former classmate of SULAS. OHMY how small the world is, really. Then you touched me ; i was glued. WE WON THE BEST GROUP Chinny won the best GL and Shu Hui won the LOUDEST freshie. After that was abit of dancing and too-too-training around the hall and chris was "raped" by the rape squad- they thought it was his birthday; we so suceeded in faking it. HAHA. We had to stop cos the onvention centre had to be closed so we proceeded on to the hall again. THE DANCEFLOOR STARTED!!!!!!! I had such nice time with ADAM, his most enthu friend, Farah from Choba her friend and this girl from Estel whom smiles at meall the time and danced and this good-looking eurasian guy from choba. We slept very late haha they stayed on but i couldnt go on cos i was just too tired. once we hit the hallfloor we just boomed to sleep, but before sleeping we actually star-gazed on the track. Thursday 06/04/06- the final one I SO HAD TO DRAG MYSELF TO GET UP. We had a small briefing. you asked me who i was ; and my eyes and hands gave away everything. I was practically stoning all the way even till the activities started. WE WERE BLINDFOLDED! How nice right? HURHURHUR. We went through the activities with mud, margarine, grease, oil and all and then at the end of it all we were dunked into this pool with blindfolds just to open it up and see OMG- a pool of water full of rubbish. RUBBISH. Leaves, stems, styrofoam, bee hoon and dirty water. ARRRRRRRRGHHHH! It was all practically all these type of stuff all the way and we had time to bathe later on. OH AND MY HAIR WAS MOHAWK-ed and PAINT RED. now how cool's that. After that i knew people whom I didnt know. Then it was time to debrief. So many times you past me ; yet you didnt say a word even though you knew it all. The camp was out with cheers from all the six grups and byt the helpers. THE HELPERS SO ROCK PLEASE. Very nice and on people and so hyper. So then it was just individual time with our groups and we just sat to talk btu we had to go outof the hall to the seating gallery , at our usual place and just talked btu we had to take our group pics first and SEXTOY joined us oh and we tooka group pic before inthe hall and the CCs joined us. THEY LIKE US ; have a liking for us . hahah I think everyone likes us.ANyhow so after that we just talke dand all and then we down to the track and just wen one round the whole track singing Jieping's favourite " OLE OLE OLE OLE" and just being happy and when we came back to the seating gallery we were welcomed by the whole croud. WE CHEERED like we'd never before. The "sisuasua sisuasua". EVEYRONES FAVOURITE. and then we did the BARNEY SONG for the GLs and SEXTOY Then we did the FRIENDSHIP DANCE and some of the helpers joined us and one of them particularly cute. :) I never had such fun and we were so binded as a group. THAT WAS THE HYPER AND HIGH POINT WE ASSURED the GLs on the 2nd day. Then it was time to part. some teared, some just covered itup with smiles with that positiveness. I took my stuff to leave but something stopped me. I smiled at you; you just waved, smiled, melted and strengthen my heart all at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home