Monday, August 22, 2005

before I break the news, L-Ly? we had some great time on Friday. I am sorry I couldn't join you and mama. But I will next time. CAn we hang out sometime before I go for my U-KNOW-WHAT? I didnt want to tell it out but I think I will be just be a woman and do it. HAUHAUHAUHAUHAU…( btw thats Brazilian laughter!) I AM IN FOR A SUGERY on the 26th of August!!( Yeah I know) Phew.I feel so relieved now. Off my chest. No words can express the trauma I went through upon hearing this SHOCKING news? We were thinking along the lines of nitrogen spray when I went for the appointment at the hospital-which got kind of screwed up because we were referred to a GP instead of a podiatrist? I really didnt need that, seriously. SO there I was in the consultation room. The GP, not sure what her name was tho but well she wanted to see my feet and she saw it she was like, We have many treatments for corn and warts. We normally give the nitrogen spray but we will just wait for the dermatologist to have a look first so why don’t you just get up on the bed and wait, alright??” she said that so very sweetly that suddenly even the idea of coming to the hospital wasn’t bad at all- I mean not as if I don’t like to, those close to me will know that my ambition when I was young was to be a doctor.Sometimes, I still have it in me-to be a doctor? But its just too mentally demanding. Triple science? I agree that physics is becoming easier for me but at as a A-level subject? No thanks. Chem? yes way! Bio? Oh yeah baby yeah ( the Austin powers way). Well anyway… I was just up on the bed waiting and I saw this chart like thing which says something about diabetes and for a few minutes I was so into it that I didnt even realize it when the dermatologist came in. He pulled the curtains and with just one look with his( science lab like goggles thingie) he went, Oh no, this is quite serious, she needs a surgery! I was like, Surgery? What surgery?. The GP knew I was absolutely gob smacked at even the idea of it. I really wasnt expecting it at all .All I thought was about the spray I would be having, going home, letting my leg heal and then go on to play soccer freely and lose back some of the weight I have gained over the month or even two months? Yes its really very depressing. I havent been able to do anything.To play even for the competition, I had to bite my teeth. They were all worried for me especially Dorothy and em but I still went ‘cos I knew we could DO THAT STUFF. And yeah we WON! : ) Well anyway, Surgery was terrible itself and the idea of it being in December, October or even SEPTEMBER 20? Was so not working cos it was during my prelims. So the podiatrist actually works private but he comes to the hospital like once a week to see patients and he checked his schedule and said the earliest date for a public hospital sugery( in this case in NUH) will be on the 20th of October.NO WAY! Going privately could be anytime even the next day he said. Well we(moi, but I am just making it sound a bit dramatic ) werent actually ready for that so we called him up yesterday and DOOM’S DAY is set. 26th august it is! Hurrah : ( I will be on anesthesia! I am just feeling so afraid to be detached from the whole world and just alone with my feet, the doctor and of course MR & MRS SUGERY INSTRUMENTS. @_@.. Well what can I do? I would like some visitors : )

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home